Sunday, January 22, 2012

Paper Flowers

While strolling the neighbourhood, my daughter and I came across a luscious front garden full of tall corn, enormous sunflowers and various other vegetable and plants. But what really caught my eye was this plant that had broken through onto the footpath, and was beautifully decorated with these wonderful paper blossoms.We have also been having great fun trawling through op shops, and my find of the week is a collection of 17 view-master slide sets. Most of the photos look like they date from the 50s or 60s, although the sets were originally bought at least after 1969, as enclosed in one is a list of other titles available including the moon landing! How I would love to get my hands on that! The 17 that I have seem to be the souvenirs of someone's trip through Canada and the US. Puts a different spin on being invited around to someone's home to view their slides after their grand tour!
Fortunately I happen to have a view-master at home (doesn't everyone?), and while I am not yet quite sure how best to use / display these, for now we are just enjoying looking through them.

From a textile point of view, I have cut all the fabric for a quilt my daughter is making, and she has started sewing the blocks. I over-dyed my silk shirt, as the colours faded a bit in the washing, and I have been sorting through magazines, fabric and DVDs. The tomatoes are ripening and we are enjoying plucking the leaves off the lettuce plants for salads.

No comments: